Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Gender Bent?

"No pink, frilly, fuss-ass, tafeta, silky, puffy crap will ever be draped around my daughter!"

I believe this was the exact statement I made to my mother a month before our daughter was born.

Today... well there's nothing fuss-ass, tafeta, silky or puffy in her wardrobe. But... Man oh man does this kid have pink. And purple. And pale blue. And in the case of her new spring jacket, all three colours.

Ah well, she looks cute in pink so I guess we'll let her live with that stereotype. I do get a kick out of the fac that she's rather have her big-brother's trucks to play with than the dolly we got her for Christmas. That's ok though, the big-brother likes the doll. Who can tell what goes through the mind of a three-year-old.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see a Dad that is comfortable enough in his own skin
that he can let his kids be whoever they are.

4:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home