Wednesday, January 12, 2005

It's Not Jealousy

But...

indulge me here for a while. I just need to get this out of my system.

It's January, and you lovely blog readers, haven't yet experienced the joy that is me in January. Deeol has. It ain't pretty.

You see, January is the time of year when I decide I want to go home. Home being the place I grew up as opposed to the place I live now. Don't get me wrong. I like the community, love the people I work with, like my job. We have a good house here, a tonne of friends and it's a fantastic community to raise our kids in. Still... It's January and I want to go home. To the coast. To the smell of the ocean, to traffic, to over priced real-estate, to rain and dampness. Actually, I'm fine here. What I really want is for my brother and his wife to move here. That isn't happening so, I'll be a suck for a few more days, get over myself and shut up about it.

It doesn't help that a job that I wanted while I was at the Aquarium is now available. Had it been open when I was getting finished with my other position I would have applied, probably gotten it and we would still be there. However, the last time it was open, I was in another position that I really liked and wasn't prepared to give it up.

It also doesn't help that the son of a friend of mine just announced that he's spending 13 months at sea on the Picton Castle as crew. Lucky bastard. As I understand it, their heading to Ecuador and the Galapagos, the Cook Islands, Rarotonga, Vanauatu, Pitcairn Island, S.E. Asia, Cape Town and other places. Not that I'd want to leave the family for an entire year, but man, even one leg of that trip would ROCK.

Ah well, what're going to do. This too shall pass and I shall return to my happy, yet jaded self.

2 Comments:

Blogger deeol said...

That "love the people I work with" line was probably a wise choice, mopey boy.

Have I mentioned that I was trapped in my apartment for four days? Go on, mope. I'm spoilin' for a fight at this point. :P

8:52 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sparroweye here....

Hey, do you ever "update" mopey boy? Some people don't have a life, ya know. We like to read your stuff....
I have no sunshine. But... I could send you some rain.
I have that today.

4:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home