Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I's Got's Nothin'

But I can at least write about nothing I suppose.

Mostly I don't feel like being a social or political commentator right now. Considering we're in the middle of a royal screwing over uh... I mean... election, that's pretty sad. But then looking at the last polls, apparently I need to start searching for a cheap set of airline tickets to Sweden or something.

Steven Harper, Prime Minister of Canada. ugh.

I though fascism went out of fashion in this country shortly after we joined into WW2.

I wonder how much we'll have to lose in terms of civil liberties, public health funding, natural resources, air quality and national securty before people realized that even though they're a bunch of crooks, the Liberal are our crooks. Crooks looking out for you and me. Crooks who share a vision of Canada in keeping with our reputation on the world stage. They just happened to lose and steal billions of dollars along the way.

Seriously though. With Steven - gosh I'm just like Dubya now - Harper in charge, gay people, poor people, single moms, inner city youth, sick people and the environment are basically, in a word, fucked.

Sigh, Columbia or Bazil looks nice. Maybe we can live there.

2 Comments:

Blogger deeol said...

Well, it looks like somebody had his Pessimism Flakes for breakfast today.

Have you been reading attack ads lately or something? Silly person. You should know better.

1:26 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, now you know how we feel over on this side. Another four and a half years. I think Spain has a nice ring to it. And we have Hilary to look forward to. Now, I have nothing against a woman running for President. Just not, that woman.

9:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home