Monday, July 19, 2004

Rot Gut and Songbirds

Outside my office window right now are - bird geeks I kid you not, a Bohemian Waxwing, a Yellow Warbler, two of the ubiquitos Chickadees, an American Goldfinch and if I strain my neck a little I can also see a Downey Woodpecker. Not bad for window candy at 9:30 am.
 
They're also a good distraction for the absolute cauldron that is my stomache right now. Picture an early supper last night, no breakfast this morning (running late, quel suprise) and two cups of coffee. Rot gut does not begin to describe how I fell at this moment. Dumping Miss Vickies Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar chips on top of the coffee doesn't really seem like a super idea, yet we have no real food here at work. My lunch is conveniently at home in the fridge and I'm too broke - and lazy - to head over to Tim's for a doughnut or sandwich.
 
Tired of the whingewing yet. O.K., I'll let you off the hook for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger deeol said...

Oh, be honest. It was just the thought of another Monday without me. :P

Hey... want to take over singing Bohemian Like You for a while for me? I swear, the song's going to drive me bats already.

Don't even THINK of saying "already?"...

2:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home